Citigroup Global Markets Europe AG
Important Notice: For legal reasons the contents of this section of the Website cannot be made available to U.S. residents. These materials and any products described herein are not being offered or targeted to U.S. persons or to U.S. residents and access by them is prohibited.
ABOUT THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE
The section of the Website is located at https://se.citifirst.com/EN and is operated by a number of group companies of Citigroup (“Citigroup”) including Citigroup Global Markets Europe AG (“CGME”, “we”, “us”, “our”), which is supervised by Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht, BaFin). The information on this section of the Website relates to securities (the “Products”) and is provided for your private use only. This section of the Website, and the information on it, are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute an invitation, offer or solicitation to engage in any investment activity including to sell or purchase any financial instruments including, but not limited to, an interest in any Products.
YOUR ACCESS TO THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE
In order to access information about Products, you have selected Sweden as your country of residence. Your selection will be used by us to determine the information that you will be able to access on this section of the Website. By selecting Sweden as your country of residence, and clicking “I Accept” below, you represent, warrant and undertake to us that you are resident in Sweden and are neither a U.S. resident nor a U.S. Person. Failure to provide us with accurate information will be treated as a material breach of these Terms. Not all Products in relation to which information is available on this section of the Website are available in all geographical locations and so this section of the Website is not intended to be accessed by users of the section of the Website that are not resident in Sweden. You must not attempt to gain access to areas of the Website other than this section of the Website. If your country of residency changes, you must access the section of the Website that relates to your new country of residency. Please note that this may result in you not being able to access (i) information in relation to the same Products as before, or (ii) any information at all (if a restricted jurisdiction).
The information on this section of the Website is provided for information only and the fact that CGME has made it available does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise transact in any particular Product. Products typically involve a high degree of risk and are not necessarily suitable for everyone. The Products featured on this section of the Website are only intended for sale to sophisticated investors who are capable of understanding and assuming the risks involved and may not be suitable for you.
In preparing the information on this section of the Website, CGME has not taken account of your particular investment objectives, financial situation or investment needs. Nothing on this section of the Website shall, or is intended to, constitute financial, legal, accounting or tax advice and neither CGME, nor any of its affiliates, will, and do not purport to, provide you with investment advice as a result of your use of this section of the Website. By accessing this section of the Website, no contract is created under which CGME or any of its affiliates agrees to provide you with any information or investment advice and CGME and its affiliates are not acting as your agent. The information on this section of the Website is provided solely on the basis that you will make your own investment decisions.
Any product/strategy ideas are provided by our sales and trading department. Such material is therefore not a direct recommendation from our research department and the directives on the independence of research do not apply. On the occasions where information provided includes extracts or summary material derived from research reports published by our research department, you are advised to obtain and review the original piece of research to see the research analyst’s full analysis.
No offer is being made. Nothing in this section of the Website constitutes, forms part of or should be considered as an offer, solicitation or invitation to buy or sell any Products on this section of the Website or to engage in any investment activity mentioned.
We strongly recommend that you seek professional investment advice before making any investment decision.
PRICES / HISTORIC PERFORMANCE
All prices or values provided on this section of the Website are indicative only. Such prices or values may not reflect actual prices or values that would be available in the market at the time provided or at the time you may decide to purchase or sell an interest in a particular Product. CGME accepts no responsibility for updating the price information available on this
section of the Website. Information on historic performance of Products and/or underlying investments is no indication of future performance. No representation is made that any Product will, or is likely to, achieve results similar to those shown
The distribution of the information contained on this section of the Website may be restricted by law. This section of the Website, and the information on it, are not addressed to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such information available. The information on this section of the Website is only made available to investors in Sweden and the information on this section of the Website is not aimed or directed at, or made available to, persons outside Sweden. The Products are not available and prospectuses and other offering materials in respect of them will not be distributed to any person resident in any country where such distribution would be contrary to local law or regulation.
The Products contained in this section of the Website may not be suitable for all retail investors. You should therefore consider the terms of investment in any Product carefully, and seek professional investment advice, before making any decision to invest in a Product.
The information about Products contained in this section of the Website is only made available to residents of Sweden. However, you acknowledge that the selection of Sweden as your country of residence does not mean that any or all Products in relation to which information is made available, have been deemed suitable for you.
The conditions of the Products are contained in offering documents prepared by the relevant issuer. The offering documents comprise either a base prospectus (which may be supplemented from time to time) and final terms or an offering circular and a pricing supplement (the “Offering Documents”). In the event of any inconsistency between the information on this section of the Website regarding a particular Product and the terms of the Offering Documents, the Offering Documents shall prevail. The terms of the Offering Documents relating to each Product will contain risk warnings which are specific to that Product. To the extent you intend on acquiring an interest in a Product, you should read the Offering Documents carefully. To the extent that any information on this section of the Website, including any Offering Documents, relates to a third party which is not affiliated with CGME, this information has been provided by that third party and is the sole responsibility of such third party. As such, CGME accepts no liability for such information.
INVESTING IN PRODUCTS
Persons interested in acquiring any interest in a Product referred to on this section of the Website should inform themselves as to (i) the legal requirements within the countries of their nationality, residence, ordinary residence or domicile; (ii) any foreign exchange control requirement which they might encounter; and (iii) the income tax and other tax consequences which might be relevant to the acquisition, holding or disposal of such investment. You must make your own independent assessment as to your eligibility to invest in any Product referred to on this section of the Website under the laws of your country of nationality, residence, ordinary residence or domicile.
Any investment involves risk. Products can be high risk investments which are also subject to general market risks. You should not enter into any transactions unless you have fully understood all such risks and have independently determined that such transactions are appropriate for you. In this respect please note that:
• any investment in Products may involve substantial risks including, but not limited to, interest rate risk, currency risk, liquidity risk, market risk, credit risk, political risk, company risk and current value;
• the price and value of the Products are not guaranteed;
• the value of the Products may fluctuate significantly between the purchase date of the Product and maturity;
• the value of the Products will be affected by the price or levels of the underlying asset which may fluctuate substantially and expose the Product to losses;
• the value of Products can go down as well as up and you may receive back less than you initially invested;
• price fluctuations in the corresponding subscription items influence the value of the Products;
• Product prices are volatile. If the basic value moves contrary to the anticipated direction, losses in connection with the Product may be proportionately greater than losses in connection with the basic value;
• Products generally have a limited term and may expire without value; investors should therefore reckon with losses to the amount of the original purchase price (and the transaction fees thus incurred);
• past performance is no reliable indicator for future performance. To the extent that this section of the Website contains any indications as to future performance, such forecasts are not a reliable indicator of future performance;
• the value of Products may be affected by changes in any relevant foreign exchange rates;
• Products may be subject to early redemption in certain circumstances, such as illegality and for tax reasons. In such circumstances, Products may be redeemed prior to the maturity date for substantially less than their original purchase price;
• tax assumptions may change if the law changes, and the value of tax relief (if any) will depend upon your individual circumstances. You should consult your own tax advisers in order to understand any applicable tax consequences;
• the market for Products may be limited due to a lack of liquidity or low trading volume. This means that there may be difficulty in selling them at a reasonable price and, in some circumstances; it may be difficult to sell them at any price. Investors should not rely on selling the Products at a particular time or for a particular amount;
• investors may not be able to hedge the risks involved with these investments. Investors could make equal losses on any hedging transactions as well as losses on the Products. Neither the issuer nor any affiliate provides any assurances or guarantee as to the performance of the Products and is not under any obligation to make a market in or to repurchase the Products; and
• the insolvency or inability to meet payment obligations of any institution providing services such as safekeeping of assets or acting as a counterparty may expose the Product to financial loss or delays in receiving monies due which may substantially affect the value of your investment.
The above list of risk factors is not complete and you may be subject to considerable risk when holding the Product. You must refer to the relevant Offering Documents with respect to individual Products for a full list of risk factors. We strongly recommend that you seek professional investment advice before making any investment decision.
YOUR USE OF THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE
You must not use this section of the Website (or permit or procure others to use it) as follows:
• for any unlawful, improper or illegal purpose or activity;
• to communicate or receive information that is obscene, indecent, pornographic, sadistic, cruel, or racist in content, of a sexually explicit or graphic nature, which promotes or incites discrimination, hatred or racism or which might be legally actionable for any reason;
• in a manner intended to threaten, harass, or intimidate;
• to violate Citigroup’s, CGME’s or any third party's copyright, trademark, proprietary or other intellectual property rights;
• to damage Citigroup’s or CGME’s name or reputation or that of CGME’s affiliated companies or any third parties;
• to impersonate any of Citigroup’s or CGME’s employees or other person or use a false name while using this section of the Website or implying an association with Citigroup or CGME;
• to penetrate Citigroup’s or CGME’s security measures or other entities' systems ("hacking");
• to transmit unsolicited voluminous emails (for example, spamming) or to intercept, interfere with or redirect email intended for others using this section of the Website;
• to generate excessive amounts of internet traffic, to interfere with Citigroup’s or CGME’s network or other’s use of this section of the Website or to engage in activities designed to, or having the effect of, degrading or denying service to other users of this section of the Website or others;
• to introduce viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses onto the internet or into this section of the Website or any other entity’s systems and it is your responsibility to ensure that whatever you download or select for your use from this section of the Website is free from such items;
• to post or transmit information that is defamatory, fraudulent or deceptive including, but not limited to, scams such as "make-money-fast" schemes or "pyramid/chain" letters; and/or
• to transmit confidential or proprietary information, except solely at your own risk.
When using this section of the Website, you must comply with all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations, including those related to data privacy, international communications and exportation of technical or personal data. It may be illegal to download the information contained on this section of the Website in certain countries and CGME and its affiliates disclaim all responsibility if any user of this section of the Website downloads any information from this section of the Website in breach of any law or regulation of Sweden.
LIABILITY FOR USE OF THIS SECTION OF THE WEBSITE
Access to this section of the Website is permitted on a temporary basis and CGME reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service it provides on this section of the Website without notice.
Information and opinions contained on this section of the Website have been compiled or arrived at by CGME from sources believed to be reliable. Any opinions attributed to CGME constitute its judgement as of the date of the relevant material and are subject to change without notice.
CGME will be liable – except in cases of bodily harm – only for willful misconduct (Vorsatz) or gross negligence (grobe Fahrlässigkeit). Further CGME will be liable for the ordinary negligent breach (leichte Fahrlässigkeit) of fundamental obligations, limited to typically foreseeable damages.
You hereby agree not to raise any claims or undertake proceedings against us, irrespective of any existing claims against CGME, its respective members of the governing bodies (Organe), employees, and agents (Erfüllungs- und Verrichtungsgehilfen) of CGME or any affiliates. This will not apply in cases of bodily harm as well as in cases of willful misconduct.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
CGME, its affiliates and their directors, officers, employees or clients (a “Citi Entity”) may have other commercial relationships with and access to information from the issuer(s) of securities, financial instruments or other interests identical or related to transactions entered into with investors.
A Citi Entity may perform various roles in relation to the Products and, as such, may have a conflict of interest which arises as a consequence of the role it performs in relation to the Products or as a consequence of its activities more generally. A Citi Entity may owe professional and fiduciary obligations to persons other than the holders of the Product. The interests of these other persons may differ from the interests of the holders of a Product and in such situations, the Citi Entity may take decisions which adversely affect such holders.
A Citi Entity may have or have had interests or long or short positions in any financial instruments underlying the Product or other financial instruments referred to on this section of the Website and may at any time make purchases and/or sales in them as principal or agent. In addition, CGME and/or its affiliates may act or have acted as market maker in respect of an underlying financial instrument or entered into an arrangement to hedge the market risk associated with such financial instrument.
CGME has a conflicts of interest policy which specifies the procedures that it follows and the measures that it has adopted in order to avoid such conflicts or to manage such conflicts in a way that ensures fair treatment for its clients.
LINKED SECTION OF THE WEBSITES
Where this section of the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only and do not constitute any form of advice or recommendation and – to the extent that links to other websites and sources provided by third parties link to information on other investment products – this cannot be treated as any form of intended direct or indirect marketing of such products in Sweden. CGME has no control over the contents of those websites or resources and neither CGME nor any of its affiliates make any representation as to the accuracy or completeness of such websites or resources and have not and will not review or update them. Neither CGME nor any of its affiliates accept any responsibility for websites and resources provided by third parties or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
CGME is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this section of the Website, and in the materials published on it. Those works are protected by laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may use the materials on this section of the Website and download and reproduce them in hard copy for your own reference only provided you retain and you do not alter all copyright and other proprietary notices. Such materials may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed, stored in a data retrieval system, linked to, modified or transmitted, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise) without the prior written consent of CGME. Nothing on this section of the Website may be construed as granting any license or right in relation to any of CGME’s proprietary rights such as trademarks or those of its affiliates or any third party.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process and use personal data which you disclose to us while visiting our website in accordance with the legal requirements set out for e-commerce.
On this website we collect personal and non-personal data.
Non personal information
When you visit our site, we gather non-personal information such as what browser and which version of it you're using, the type of operating system you have and which site you came from or advertisement you viewed or clicked on. This information helps us provide an online experience that matches your device and to manage our online advertising.
In addition to the information described in the previous section, we may also gather personal information such as your IP-address. Collecting this personal information enables us to offer you an interactive online experience.
A cookie is a small text file that a web server may place on your computer when you visit a site. The file uniquely identifies a computer. Information stored in a cookie sent by Citi can only be read by Citi or companies we work with to operate this website. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our websites by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the website and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our websites.
You can control whether to accept cookies or not. If you decide to not accept cookies, some features and services on our site may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize you.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can:
Change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it
Set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies
You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
For questions concerning the processing of data, generally related to data protection or in case for complains, please contact our data privacy officer:
Data Privacy Officer of Citigroup Global Markets Europe AG
AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS
CGME may change these Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes CGME makes, as these are binding on you.
If any provision of these Terms is held by any court or competent authority to be illegal, void, invalid or unenforceable under the laws of any jurisdiction, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms in that jurisdiction shall not be affected, and the legality, validity and enforceability of the whole of these Terms in any other jurisdiction shall not be affected.
These Terms set out the terms on which you may make use of this section of the Website and apply to every page of this section of the Website, whether or not these Terms appear on each individual page. Your use of certain sections of this section of the Website may be subject to separate or additional terms and conditions. By accessing such pages, you agree to be bound by those separate or additional terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict, those separate or additional terms and conditions will govern your use of those sections or pages of this section of the Website.
By engaging in any activities relating to the marketing and distribution of any of the products featured on this section of the Website, you will be deemed to have agreed and accepted our standard form of distribution terms, which is available at the following website: www.citifirst.com/distributionterms
LAW AND VARIATION
These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising from or connected with them are governed by German law and these Terms shall be construed in accordance with German law. German courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from, or related to, use of this section of the Website.
ABOUT Citigroup Global Markets Europe AG
CGME is registered with the local court in Frankfurt am Main, Germany with registration number HRB 88301 and has its registered office at Reuterweg 16, 60323 Frankfurt am Main. CGME’s German VAT number is DE811285276. CGME is licensed and supervised by BaFin (Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht, Graurheindorfer Straße 108, 53117 Bonn and Marie-Curie-Straße 24-28, 60439 Frankfurt am Main).
© 2019 Citigroup Global Markets Europe AG. Citi, Citi and Arc Design are trademarks and service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates and are used and registered throughout the world.